Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The First Day

Bonjour, mes cheres.

The first day of school is a memorable day for most. Memorable buildings, memorable events, memorable outfits. Memorable parents taking memorable photos. Memorable kids. Memorable teachers.

I don't remember my first day of school. I can faintly recall a new dress (was it navy? I think it was) and the flash of a camera; a new schoolbag and the ringing of a bell.

This day, I imagine, will be even less memorable. After all, why would I remember my first blog entry? Ten years down the road, when reminiscing about my grade 10 summer, I will completely overlook Tuesday, July 8.

Unless the purchase I have made today manages to change my life. If there's one thing I'm going to miss in my future life as a New Yorker, or a Shanghai-er, it's going to be Shoppers Drug Mart. I adore that there are high-end brands mixed in with their drugstore cousins (though I can't afford to splurge on expensive hair care, skin care, or cosmetics). And the one thing an American cannot get without crossing the border: Life Brand products. I have tried four already - a cleanser (Oil Free Daily Pore Cleanser, a Clean & Clear knock off), a toner (Essentials Skin Toner), a lip balm (Kiwi & Avocado Lip Balm, which works about as well as an old car on a cold day), and a pack of oil blotting sheets (Oil Absorbing Sheets, another Clean & Clear knockoff), which I seem to have misplaced. No worries. They cost even less than the C & C version.

My newest buy? Life Brand Essentials Gentle Face Cleanser. A knock off of the famous Cetaphil. I'll report the results after two to three weeks of usage.

Now, a little something about the blog.

There are many beauty and fashion blogs out there in what they like to call the "blogosphere", and even some for teenagers. I doubt, however, that they are written by teenagers - the closest thing is College Fashion, whose author is a college student (by the way, guys, that blog is awesome. Go check it out. I dare you). In comes yours truly, with Life of Style - sorry, make that A Teenager's Life of Style - written for teenagers by a teenager. I plan not only to talk about fashion and beauty, but also about life, and my life. Therefore my chosen topics may sometimes be different from other blogs; some may be more personal, or philosophical, or what have you. Now let's cross our fingers (and our toes) and hope that I can keep this up. 'Well, Cory, why wouldn't you be able to?', you ask? Well, I suppose it's fun fact time.

Fun fact numero uno: The attention span of a goldfish is approximately 6 seconds. The attention span of a Cory is a third of that, multiplied by seven, divided by fourteen. (In case your mathematical ability is even poorer than mine, that equals 1.)

Fun fact numero dos: I am the reigning world champion of procrastination. I missed the competition registration dates sixteen years in a row. (That's right, I beat you, sucker!)

And now, some little somethings about me.

This self-proclaimed genius is 16 years old.

This self-proclaimed genius loves to write.


This self-proclaimed genius lives in Canadian cold.

This self-proclaimed genius is not so bright.

(Dr. Seuss was my great-uncle three times removed.) (No, silly, I'm just kidding.)

Look forward to upcoming reviews and other rambles. Hopefully they'll come soon.

Au revoir!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the wild and crazy world of blogging! judging by your first post i'd say you will love every moment of it (and so will your readers!)

cheers,
BB

Anonymous said...

Great First time blog.
I love how you were so real. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff.
And Welcome to the "Blogosphere" world. LOL!
Good Luck with everything!

Cory S. said...

Thank you, both of you. It's nice to know I'm not talking to myself. :]

I'm sure I'll enjoy this a lot, too!